Friday, August 21, 2009

I've SEEEEEEEEN The Light!!!


Matthew 4:16 says -
The people who were sitting in darkness saw a great light, and those who were sitting in the land of shadow and death, upon them a light dawned.
That was me today. Yup, I was sitting in darkness and saw a great light. (I'm sure the "light dawning on the land" part is what many people would call sunrise, but whatever....)

Anyhow, what was my great light?

A light bulb. Nothing more than what is called a recessed can light. But this particular bulb was burning especially bright this morning. What makes this one any different? Well, nothing.

So what is the big deal? Tropicamide! Oh goody! Now, with my pupils currently dilated to be larger than my head, everything pale in color has that retinal-burning "glow". Yeah for me! The white car. The white sign. My mostly tan neighborhood. Paper on the driveway. All glowing! Yeah for me! I can't focus on anything closer than 36 inches! Yeah for me! I have the day off and was hoping to do some photography. So much for reading details on the camera! Yeah for me!

Maybe by dinner time, I can go back to the "darkness." I like it that way.

No comments: