Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July

Like most people, I had the 4th of July off. Well, most of it, anyway. I had time to kill for the better part of the day and spent most of it in "laid back" mode. The morning was spent at Crosswinds Marsh. I found the swallows pretty cooperative (like this immature Tree Swallow below).


I spent the evening like many people across the country enjoying fireworks. The distant lights are the Harrison Boat Docks in Trenton as viewed from the west side of Grosse Ile looking south. The pic below is a part of what is basically my first real attempt at night-time photography. For you photography-philes out there: manual at f5.6, ISO 800 for a squeak less than half a second. All in all, I think I pushed the limits of the camera a bit - the 800 was a bit of stretch.

No comments: