Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Finally!

Sometimes, things just don't work out the way you want them to. When it comes to this photography thing I've been pursuing as of late, I have discovered, that despite my best efforts, I can't get the shot I want.

Take the American Kestrel, for instance. Not much bigger than a Morning Dove, they haunt open field and highway medians looking for food. This time of year, that means mice. Finding them is one thing, but getting close enough for a shot is a totally different thing.

A bird has been hanging out at Lake Erie Metropark for the better part of a week now. On multiple occasions, I have tried to get a good shot, but it never happened. I was at the point where I was almost starting to wonder if the bird knew my car and would avoid me.

Today, I finally got my shot.


No comments: