Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Toe Jam

As I mentioned earlier, I am looking to take my photography a tad more seriously this year.  After watching a sumac for days and enjoying all the little visitors that would come to stuff their faces with teeny-weeny fruits, I thought I would see what I could manage with my rig. 

I found this little Black-capped Chickadee to be amazingly cooperative.  

After I stood patiently for a few moments next to the empty bush, he/she flew in and commenced chowin'.  At times, he would place the little fruit between his toes and break it open with that tiny little bill.  I suspect he was enjoying the squishy part and the tiny seed, too. 


Most people think of "toe jams" as those annoying, little wads of crud that get stuck between your toes.  I might argue that this little fella is making a new kind of toe jam

No comments: