Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Getting To The Bottom

Getting to the bottom? The bottom of what? Well, as you likely know, "bottom" can mean, well, "the bottom", as in " you are likely sitting on your bottom as you read this."

Follow me now?

What does "a bottom" have to do with coffee? The bottom of the cup? Okay, but that is not what I mean.

I could get into all the details of "bottoms" and how it relates to coffee, but a friend of mine already did it. To make a long story short, I was invited to try a special coffee. This particular coffee has been processed by the digestive system of a cat-like animal called a civet. It eats the fruit, passes out the bean (from it's bottom), and somebody collects the beans to make coffee.

I was one of the special ones who tried it a few years back. I tried it again the other day. You can read all about it here. Many people who have this coffee have to pay big bucks for it. With my special connections, I have been able to try two different cups.

Thanks Julie!

No comments: