Friday, October 26, 2012

Shootin' For The Moon

The last time I was really paying attention to the moon was the during the few days I spent up north at the Ray family retreat.  As you might recall, I spent the drive home on the side of US-23 blowing chunks.  I'm pretty sure I have the Olympic record for projectile vomiting.

Wednesday evening, with my new toy in the hand and the night to myself, I went over to Elizabeth Park to see what I could see...


The moon.  Never a dull subject.  I couldn't agree with the astronomers and photographers more - yes, the moon is more dynamic when it is  not  full.  With only a part of the face lit, the mountains and mares are so much more inviting.

No, I did not take this picture with the camera on a tripod.  I hand-held the rig.   At 1/1000th of a second, I wasn't too worried about blur in the image.  Maybe next time, I'll use a more stable set-up.  Any way you look it, I'm just tootin' around.  

Seeing this beautiful sight is even more appealing knowing the people around me are not dying of the plague.........

No comments: