Thursday, September 22, 2011

Now We're Talkin'

Perhaps you saw this picture a few days back...


If you are anything like me, you noticed a few things.   First, the White House buys patio furniture at the grocery store.  Cripe, I have patio furniture almost exactly like that and I DONT have a multi-trillion dollar budget!  Two, "Commander in Chief" can also mean "Casual in Chief."   (Fine by me. Seriously.). 

Third, and most important, two guys are havin' a beer. Nice. The guy on the right is a Congressional Medal of Honor winner.

"What kind?", you may ask?  I was wondering the instant I saw the photo.  I thought perhaps it was from Goose Island Brewing Company. The President has been know to have beers from there.   Now we know

Apparently, it is called the White House Honey Ale and was brewed with equipment purchased by the Obamas.  Historians say it is the first beer brewed in the White House.  

You may be confused by that last line. Don't be.  Yes, George Washington was a brewer, but he did not live in the White House.  John Adams was the first. 

Needless to say, I have placed my order for a bottle.  

I have yet to hear back from the President.

No comments: