Thursday, April 22, 2010

Relaxing Morning and Flight Home

April 17, 2010

A very casual day, all in all. After a late breakfast, the only birding chance Joe and I could make work was a short trip to a Denver Park called Washington Park. A large pond. Lots of joggers, dogs and the like, but there was chance for passerines. None. I did score Wigeon, Gadwall, Hooded Merganser, Common Goldeneye, and Cooper's Hawk for my Colorado list and the Coop, with a Double-crested Cormorant, were new for the trip.

The airport. Yeah, well, what can you say about airports? They will get money from you any they can. Remember early on when my bag was just under the limit? Yeah, well, I forgot all about that until I got to airport...with more books stuffed in my bag. Oh, NOW it is too heavy. 1.8 million dollars worth of heavy. That is what it cost me to get my bag home. I had to mortage my house to cover the cost. There is absolutely no way I bought 21 pounds worth of junk. No way. Unbelievable.

So, the trip was a total success. My new figures include:
Trip Birds - 91 species
Life Birds - 632 (from 630)
Colorado – 158 (from 139)
Nebraska – 75 (from 40)
Wyoming – 138 (from 133)
Total ABA Ticks – 4037 (from 3,978)
Life Beers – 736 (from 734)
National Park Sites – 86 (from 83...I think)
Watertower Pics for Bruce and Linda’s nephew, Jeffrey – 9 from this trip (total unknown)


Next trip? Unknown. Such is birding....

No comments: