Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Did My Part

I did my thing today. Voting. Ya gotta do it. People have literally died so we can do it. Ya gotta do it. If you didn't, shame on you.

Fortunately for me, it was a breeze. After work, I hustled over to my precinct expecting quite a line. There was none to be had. I literally walked right in, sat down with my sheet, filled in the dots (scantrons all over again!), and fed the machine. Done. I didn't time it, but it could not have been more than 10 minutes.

According to the clerks that were there, my precinct has about 1,500 people. By the time I had arrived at 5:15, over 700 had votes. 50% turn out. Kinda sad if you ask me. It should be higher.

The news tonight was talking about how some places are giving away little freebies is you show them your "I voted" sticker. Maybe some ice cream from Ben and Jerry's, for example. At the donut shop, the reporter commented that it would be inappropriate to ask people who they voted for, so he was asking them if they got a donut from the left side or the right side of case.

I won't tell you who I voted for, but I assure you, my donut is not some stale, old moldy thing ...

No comments: