Saturday, June 26, 2010

Another Open Letter to the President


Dear Sir,

I am very pleased that you took my suggestion from almost a year ago to serve a microbrewed beer during your next episode of beer diplomacy.

While watching soccer is like watching paint dry, it is always nice to see our sports teams do well internationally. Even more, it is nice to see world leaders forget the formalities or niceties of the day and just swap beers. I think the decision for each of you to bring a beer "from home" was great, especially given that the World Cup game ended in a tie.

I hope my suggestion of the Goose Island's 312 Urban Wheat Ale went over well. The suggestion made by Prime Minister David Cameron's Consultant is as good as my own. The Hobgoblin from the Wychwood Brewery, a beer I sampled in March of 2006, is a fine beverage. I'm sure you'll like it.

It has truly been an honor serving as your Beer Consultant, Sir. I look forward to our next tasting. I'll clear my schedule in the coming days. I am sure we can figure something out.

Thank you, also, for lifting my flight ban on Air Force One. I swear that the bathroom incident from a few months ago (now famous with the Secret Service, I'm sure) had nothing to do with me.

Cheers and good night, Sir.

No comments: