Sunday, April 5, 2009

Mustard On Chicken - Part II

There are, by my count, 10,686 ways to cook chicken. Sauces, rubs, glazes, and marinades - you name it. (It is very much like how Bubba viewed shrimp in "Forrest Gump". Remember that scene?)

Anyhow, I found myself a few nights ago with chicken ready to go (I eat it alot) but I did not want to fall back on the standbys. I was looking to do something different. Following the lead of the Mustard Sage Glaze, I bumbled onto a new recipe after a brief cruise around the internet: Honey Curried Chicken.

1/3 cup of orange juice
1/3 cup of honey
1/4 cup of dijon mustard
4 teaspoons of curry powder

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and dump it over the chicken breasts. Bake for 20 minutes. Flip, baste and cook for 20 more. Done.

I admit, the honey taste was a bit hard to find (the curry (pictured) and the mustard were the dominant flavors), but it was pretty damned good! Excellent meal!

No comments: