Sunday, March 15, 2009

Maple French Toast

So, with my recent trip to Canada, I found myself in "maple syrup mode." Its an easy thing to do when you go there in the spring. At Algonquin Provincial Park, I found myself buying another cookbook. Just what I need...

Anyhow, the first recipe I thought I would try would be for a Maple French Toast. Here goes:
2 eggs
2/3 cup of Milk
1/3 cup of Maple Syrup
2 tablespoons of heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon of salt
dash of nutmeg

Whip up the eggs. Add everything else. Add your bread and do what you would do with any old french toast recipe. Yes, in this case, you add the syrup to the batter. You can always add more syrup to the toast when you have cooked it.

The end result is basically a sweet french toast. I don't mean"sweet" like "cool", but "sweet" like sweet. Very easy. Very good.

For the record, you should be adding real maple syrup. Aunt Jemima is not what I am talking about here. Just say no to Aunt Jemina.

No comments: