Friday, December 19, 2008

#521 and #522

In the last week or so, I managed two new beers. They are still a part of the "party stash." I am getting behind in other projects, so I am just now getting around to telling you about 'em!

Olde 22 (#521) from the Arbor Brewing Company was a total winner. The color was that warm, deep brown pushing black. Awesome. After the pour, the head was easily 3 fingers deep and thick like mirangue. The carbonation and body were in perfect balance with the malty/roasty tones. The finish was a bit dry, but not in a bad way. A very well done beer. Bring a six-pack of this stuff to party and you will be a hero. 5 out of 5.

#522 was a gift from Discount Drinks, one of the premier beer places Downriver. When I was buying stuff for my November party, he gave me a bottle for free! Ya can't beat that! It was an Oktober Fest-Marzen from the Brauerei Aying in Germany. All in all, very average. The off-white head was another thick one (3+ fingers) while the body was amber. Medium body. Dry finish. Not a disappointing beer by any means. Just average. 3 out of 3.

No comments: