Tuesday, June 9, 2015

One Good Tern Deserves Another

A few nights ago, I managed to sneak out for some time on my own. Nat had other plans so I had time for one of two things: clean the garage or grab my camera and head out for an evening photo shoot. Without sounding harsh, who gives a s*** about a garage, right?

For about two years, I have had thoughts of heading back to Elizabeth Park for an evening Common Tern photo shoot.  The evening portion is key as the setting sun would be at my back. With the colony only a few hundred yards away, they patrol the river in more or less predictable patterns, including the occasional jaunt over the Elizabeth Park Marina where yours truly was  waiting.    

While the flights were certainly there, the numbers were not. If I was a guessing guy, I would say the colony is not doing well this season. I would have expected more fly-bys from more birds. Well, it wasn't to be.  Traffic was, as they say, light. In hindsight, I should have taken my evening photo shoot about a month ago when more birds were around!

Nevertheless, I managed what I think are fair shots.  In fact, in order to keep up with the silly tidbit that is the title of this blog post, I could argue they're good.  Trust me. They are not better than "good" but they'll do.....




No comments: