Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Dammit! I'm Too Slow. Again!

Every once in a while, we all find ourselves looking at somebody famous and thinking they look like somebody who is also famous.  We all do it, right?

The list goes on and on and on.  (We could also add Mitt Romney and Lance Armstrong, but that is a story for another time...)

 A few weeks ago, I was sure I had a new one.  John Kerry (post-plastic surgery (otherwise known as Version 2.0)) and Odo from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.  Sure enough, somebody beat me to it.   (Please note they beat me to it years ago!  It has only gotten worse.  Kerry *IS* Odo. There is no other explanation!)

So tonight, I figured out what was bugging me.  That Raul Ibanez guy from the New York Yankees. He is the only Yankee right now who understands a baseball and the mechanics of actually hitting one when it is flying at 90mph.

This is him on the right.....


On the drive home tonight, I figured it out.  He is a god....



Specifically, he is Imhotep, a high priest from Ancient Egypt.  All this might explain why he is the only Yankee who can actually hit the damned baseball.  Sure, he secured various body parts from people in 1999's The Mummy and could have ended up looking like anybody, but this him.  Now he is just in a Yankee's uniform.

In all fairness, I was not the first to see this similarity.  Somebody beat me to this one, too, but only by a few days!

Interestingly enough, in the movie, Imhotep had an irrational fear of cats.  It was something about them being guardians of the underworld.  Detroit Tigers.  Cats. Hmm.  Something is not adding up.  He should be striking out, right?

But whatever.

Tonight, we'll see what the "cats" can do. Maybe they'll take this god-like fellow and banish him back to fiction where he belongs.... 

(Spoken as the fair-weather fan that I am, I predict the Tigers will win in overtime by shooting 2 under par. You just wait...)



No comments: